The initial problem was that the photographic paper I was given was devoid of any information, particularly the iso of it and so this turned out to be trial and error. After wasting about 7 sheets trying at different times it came to my attention that the timings weren't the problem but that the aperture on the lens of the enlarger was not fully open and as with a normal lens the wider the aperture the more light that is let in, or in this case out. After this change I tried another time sheet exposing the photo in sections for longer periods of time to work out the correct timing, coming to the overall conclusion that the ideal exposure was between 6-10 seconds dependant on the photo itself.
After exposing photos were moved to the developing tray and left for around 5-7 minutes for the image to appear and darken appropriately, this was then moved to the stop bath for 30 seconds-1 minute to stop the developing process. After this they were moved to the fix and left for a further five minutes and finally the wash for a solid ten minutes either soaking in water or preferably under a tap of running cold water. Prints would then be squeegeed of excess water and left to dry.
Evaluation
This is probably where I encountered the most problems so far, however I feel that I have overcome them all already. I just need to ensure that the aperture of the enlarger lens is fully open and to time each stage of the process to ensure optimum results. It should also be noted that when I have finished the stock oh photo paper I have that I may need to adjust the exposure times based on the iso of the photo paper.