They do offer an online layout tool but as previously stated I have opted to make my own PDF files for all tests in order to keep the content very similar. For the next step I set about designing a short 12 page paper with pictures from a recent skate trip to Paris, I made this using InDesign using the basic layout skills I learn in the previous zine and book projects. I also received an email the day before printing saying that pixelisation may occur on the larger images and that larger files were requested for optimum quality. Newspaper club print twice a week, tuesday and thursday, and will have the product delivered normally within 5 days of printing - overall a very efficient service. Below are the pictures of my newspaper, as you can see it is typical newspaper dimensions and printed on newsprint as you would expect from a normal newsprint publication.There are obvious criticisms of this as a final product, for instance it is flimsy and due to the nature of the paper the colours often bleed through but this exactly what is expected with newspaper printing and common faults in any regular newspaper. However the quality of the print itself is very good, the colours are surprisingly vibrant in comparison to the muted tones I was expecting and the overall look and feel is very satisfying.
Evaluation
Overall I would say that I was very pleased with the service I received from Newspaper club both in terms of the end product and their customer service, especially in relation to feedback. The finished product is exactly what you would expect and the only faults I can find are due to the nature of newspaper printing, not due to the actions or qualities of the service they offer. Apart from this it is quite expensive for small runs, but very cheap for larger runs and so it is really dependant on the publication as to wether or not this is appropriate but I feel that a large collection of photos would suit this format very well taking all things into account.