Assisting Part 2
Due to my late start previously I arranged to assist on another shoot with Emma Saynor that had been present at the previous shoot and was also interested in studio band photography. This time I arrived on time and helped set up, this involved rolling down the backdrop, setting up the lights and softboxes and general housekeeping of the studio. I also played a more active role throughout this shoot by regularly altering the light placements and suggesting arrangements for the band in order to show them all but avoid shadowing each other.


As previously stated I feel like I did more actual work this time round but still not a lot as I feel that Emma was still learning to use the equipment herself and so it was a learning curve for both of us. Again my criticisms are that having music playing in the background may lighten the mood and generally loosen up the clients and most importantly that they must come with an idea of what they want out of the shoot.