Assisting Evaluation
Although I have only had a very brief introduction into assisting I feel that it is something I could benefit from if I continued to do it at a higher level then it is a potential way to make contacts professionally. I feel that I didn't do a great amount of physical work but definitely took a lot of notes and generally have a better understanding of the process of taking pictures in a studio environment and understand the importance of the relationship between the client and the photographer. The fundamental things I have understood is that the client must come to the shoot with an idea of what they want to get out of it and/or that the photographer must know what they want, without this the whole scenario is pointless and somewhat unenjoyable. As a personal preference I also think that there should be some music playing in order to avoid awkward silences and generally keep the mood of the scenario alive.